This free CompTIA Security+ practice exam covers basic knowledge in the field of Information Systems Security. To pass the CompTIA Security+ exam, a candidate will need knowledge in Network Security, Compliance and operational security, threats and vulnerabilities, access control and identity management, cryptography, and application, data, and host security. This free practice test will test your knowledge and readiness for the CompTIA Security+ Examination.
1) Rachael, the security administrator, must configure the corporate firewall to allow all public IP addresses on the internal interface of the firewall to be translated to one public IP address on the external interface of the same firewall. Which of the following should Rachael configure?
2) Which of the following application security testing techniques is implemented when an automated system generates random input data?
3) An IT director is looking to reduce the footprint of their company's server environment. They have decided to move several internally developed software applications to an alternate environment, supported by an external company. They will still maintain the software, operating systems and configurations, but will not manage the physical hardware. Which of the following BEST describes this arrangement?
4) Geneson, an administrator, needs to make sure the wireless network is not accessible from the parking area of their office. Which of the following would BEST help Geneson when deploying a new access point?
5) Which of the following is a hardware based encryption device?
6) Sara, a security manager, has decided to force expiration of all company passwords by the close of business day. Which of the following BEST supports this reasoning?
7) Which of the following assets is MOST likely considered for DLP?
8) An administrator is receiving an error in browser stating a website's certificate is invalid. Which of the following is the browser referring to?
9) An administrator in the Network Security Department notices that an employee in the Networking Department made unauthorized changes to a firewall over the weekend. Which of the following would be used to mitigate this issue so that only security administrators can make changes to the firewall?
10) Which of the following is BEST used as a secure replacement for TELNET?
11) Sara, an application developer, has just implemented error and exception handling in an application. Which of the following does this help prevent?
12) A network administrator has recently updated their network devices to ensure redundancy is in place so that:
13) Using proximity card readers instead of the traditional key punch doors would help to mitigate:
14) Which statement is TRUE about the operation of a packet sniffer?
15) Which of the following network architecture concepts is used to securely isolate network devices at the boundary between networks?
16) After a user performed a war driving attack, the network administrator noticed several similar markings where WiFi was available throughout the enterprise. Which of the following is the term used to describe these markings?
17) A software development company wants to implement a digital rights management solution to protect its intellectual property. Which of the following should the company implement to enforce software digital rights?
18) The IT department has setup a website with a series of questions to allow end users to reset their own accounts. Which of the following account management practices does this help?
19) A company storing data on a secure server wants to ensure it is legally able to dismiss and prosecute staff who intentionally access the server via Telnet and illegally tamper with customer data. Which of the following administrative controls should be implemented to BEST achieve this?
20) A user ID and password together provide which of the following?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.