This free CompTIA Security+ practice exam covers basic knowledge in the field of Information Systems Security. To pass the CompTIA Security+ exam, a candidate will need knowledge in Network Security, Compliance and operational security, threats and vulnerabilities, access control and identity management, cryptography, and application, data, and host security. This free practice test will test your knowledge and readiness for the CompTIA Security+ Examination.
1) A network administrator needs to provide daily network usage reports on all layer 3 devices without compromising any data while gathering the information. Which of the following would be configured to provide these reports?
2) Which of the following is the MOST secure protocol to transfer files?
3) Which of the following should be deployed to prevent the transmission of malicious traffic between virtual machines hosted on a singular physical device on a network?
4) Which of the following can be used by a security administrator to successfully recover a user's forgotten password on a password protected file?
5) A network administrator recently updated various network devices to ensure redundancy throughout the network. If an interface on any of the Layer 3 devices were to go down, traffic will still pass through another interface and the production environment would be unaffected. This type of configuration represents which of the following concepts?
6) Which of the following would satisfy wireless network implementation requirements to use mutual authentication and usernames and passwords?
7) Which of the following is a protocol that could be used to support authentication services for several local devices from a central location without the use of tokens or tickets?
8) Which of the following concepts is BEST described as developing a new chain of command in the event of a contingency?
9) A program has been discovered that infects a critical Windows system executable and stays dormant in memory. When a Windows mobile phone is connected to the host, the program infects the phone's boot loader and continues to target additional Windows PCs or phones. Which of the following malware categories BEST describes this program?
10) A network analyst received a number of reports that impersonation was taking place on the network. Session tokens were deployed to mitigate this issue and defend against which of the following attacks?
11) Rebecca, a security analyst, is trying to prove to management what costs they could incur if their customer database was breached. This database contains 250 records with PII. Studies show that the cost per record for a breach is $350. The likelihood that their database would be breached in the next year is only 8%. Which of the following is the ALE that Rebecca should report to management for a security breach?
12) A company with a US-based sales force has requested that the VPN system be configured to authenticate the sales team based on their username, password and a client side certificate. How many authentication factors are in use by the VPN system?
13) An attacker attempted to compromise a web form by inserting the following input into the username field: admin)(|(password=*)) Which of the following types of attacks was attempted?
14) A security administrator needs to update the OS on all the switches in the company. Which of the following MUST be done before any actual switch configuration is performed?
15) Which of the following is a difference between TFTP and FTP?
16) Tom, an individual, has recently been calling various financial offices pretending to be another person to gain financial information. Which of the following attacks is being described?
17) A security administrator wishes to change their wireless network so that IPSec is built into the protocol and NAT is no longer required for address range extension. Which of the following protocols should be used in this scenario?
18) Which of the following is an example of multifactor authentication?
19) Which of the following should Bill, a security administrator, perform before a hard drive is analyzed with forensics tools?
20) An internal auditor is concerned with privilege creep that is associated with transfers inside the company. Which mitigation measure would detect and correct this?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.