This practice exam covers basic computer networking, to include the installation and configuration of networks, media types, configuration types, and network security. Passing this exam will require knowledge in the Ethernet Protocol, IPv4, and some IPv6, MAC addressing, TCP/UDP, the OSI Layer, and various other protocols such as SNMP, SSH, FTP, SSL/TLS, and more.
1) A field in an IP datagram that specifies how many more hops a packet can travel before being discarded is called:
2) A monitored host holding no valuable data specifically designed to detect unauthorized access attempts and divert attacker's attention from the corporate network is known as:
3) A command-line utility in MS Windows used for displaying protocol statistics and current TCP/IP network connections is called:
4) Which of the following devices resides at the data link layer of the Open Systems Interconnections (OSI) model?
5) The end-to-end security scheme Internet Protocol Security (IPsec) resides at which layer of the OSI model?
6) Which option could be used when describing Thinnet or Thinnwire?
7) A cloud computing infrastructure type where applications are hosted over a network (typically Internet) eliminating the need to install and run the software on the customer's own computers is known as Software as a Service (SaaS).
8) A standalone malicious computer program that replicates itself over a computer network is known as:
9) A system that uses a public network (Internet) as a means for creating private encrypted connections between remote locations is known as:
10) A software module on a managed device that sends Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) notifications to the managing station is called:
11) The process of combining multiple physical network adapters into a single logical interface is known as:
12) Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) is a telecommunication protocol that provides what kind of resolution?
13) Which of the following solutions hides the internal IP addresses by modifying IP address information in IP packet headers while in transit across a traffic routing device?
14) What type of filtering allows for controlling specific types of network traffic (such as web traffic, mail, file transfer)?
15) What would the administrator adjust in the WAP configuration settings so a user could not access the wireless signal from the parking lot?
16) What command would you use to display a MAC address if the administrator is using a Linux machine?
17) A type of network consisting of computers and peripheral devices that use high-frequency radio waves to communicate with each other is commonly referred to as:
18) Multi-link Point-to-Point Protocol (MLPPP) provides a method for combining two or more physical communication links into one logical interface to improve speed and redundancy.
19) In forensic procedures, a chronological record outlining persons in possession of an evidence is referred to as:
20) In which type of network topology do the main network cables become a single point of failure?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.