The CompTIA 220-902 exam is one of two exams requires to obtain the CompTIA A+ (900 series). This exam will cover operating systems like Windows, Macintosh OSX and Linux as well as topics like security, software troubleshooting and operational procedures.
1) You are working on a PC that will be deployed in the office. You've forgotten to ground yourself by utilizing an ESD strap, an ESD mat or by touching bare metal on the PC case. While installing a RAM module you feel a static shock and a pop in the case. What is the best course of action to proceed?
2) You receive an email from an outside party stating that clients on your network have been encrypted and the only way to decrypt them is to send Bitcoins to a man named "The Jackal". Your company has fallen victim to a/an:
3) Your boss has requested that you image a large number of Windows PC's for a new office. The image is standard for all PC's. You know that _________ is the best choice for imaging many clients at once.
4) Commonly associated with a domain controller, the following server role allows for you to enter an easily remembered web address, rather than requiring an IP address.
5) True or false: Laptop batteries can be disposed of along with normal items thrown in the garbage.
6) All but one of the answers below are true of domain setups. The incorrect answer refers to a workgroup setup. Identify the incorrect answer.
7) True or false: Brownouts are less dangerous to systems and hardware than blackouts.
8) A user has contacted you with a computer problem and cannot provide much information on what happened. The user seems like this may be their first time using a computer. Your first action in responding to the issue should be:
9) Utilized in the Windows Command Prompt, the "CD" command executes what process?
10) Local users on a server or desktop computer, in a domain environment, should be:
11) True or False: Administrators should have administrative rights granted to their user account.
12) True or false: Backups and snapshots can be used interchangeably to ensure data redundancy.
13) A user has contacted you with a computer problem and cannot provide much information on what happened. The user seems like this may be their first time using a computer. Your first action in responding to the issue should be:
14) You have identified that a user's PC has been infected with a virus. Your first step after identifying the issue should be:
15) In conjunction with a password, all of the below are examples of multifactor authentication except for which?
16) The server room blew up! True or false: You should tell everyone on social media.
17) A user is reporting that their phone is not adjusting its screen correctly based on orientation when viewing web pages. What is the most likely cause?
18) You are assisting a user in trying to find a file in their C:\Users folder. You see that some of the folders appear differently than the others, appearing to be faded in, rather than full color. What do these icons refer to?
19) A user is attempting to access a business resource through Internet Explorer and are unable to load the page correctly. The page is loading oddly with assets in places from previous versions. You have checked with other users of the resource and they are not experiencing an issue. You should:
20) You have been placed in charge of client patch management for your organization. I am so, so sorry for you. As part of your new responsibility you have been charged with developing a new patching process. Assume that patching has been best effort in the past and that any existing processes will be discarded. Automatic Windows Update patching is enabled in your office. Choose the best first step to developing a patching process:
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.