The CompTIA 220-902 exam is one of two exams requires to obtain the CompTIA A+ (900 series). This exam will cover operating systems like Windows, Macintosh OSX and Linux as well as topics like security, software troubleshooting and operational procedures.
1) Employee workstations are configured to only boot from the internal disk. You are tasked with verifying that this security configuration cannot be changed. What option will help ensure the default boot device cannot be changed?
2) You work in the IT Department for a medium sized company. A non-technical user consistently has their credentials compromised. You have investigated and found no evidence of viruses or other malicious software. What is the best option to prevent this from happening again?
3) You are trying to identify which running application is causing a Ubuntu Linux server to run slowly. Which tool will identify running applications and their allocated resources?
4) While working as a desktop administrator you frequently install the same image of Windows 7 on employee workstations and are careful to always select the same options. Which tool can help automate this process?
5) A user calls and explains that they were visiting a website and received a pop-up on their computer alerting about a virus infection. The pop-up included a alarm sound and flashing colors. The alert prompted them to download an anti-virus tool to clean their computer. What should you recommend?
6) What should be done first prior to replacing an IDE hard disk drive in a workstation?
7) Which Windows 7 tool will allow a system administrator to change the default install folder for applications?
8) Which of these tools provides a a solution that allows a user to have their calendar on both their smart phone, desktop, and be accessible through a web portal (such as outlook web access) all in real time?
9) What is the name of a GUI-based file and folder manager application in Mac OSX operating systems?
10) You are ordering external HDDs for use in your office, they are likely to be used for storing sensitive information such as PII and intellectual property. What is a good way to ensure the confidentiality of these external HDDs?
11) Which option is a Windows power management mode that draws a small amount of power on resume by saving system state in RAM?
12) Which subject can be found in an MSDS?
13) What tool can be used to check if anyone else is logged into a Windows-based computer?
14) What is the best method for ensuring the destruction of sensitive data on a HDD that is issued to employees on an as-needed basis?
15) Which component should be properly recycled rather than thrown away?
16) When diagnosing a network issue on a Linux machine (without a GUI) you find that the network settings in /etc/network/interfaces (a text-based config file) are not correct. What is an appropriate tool for editing this file?
17) An employee has contacted the IT Support call center where you work. They are complaining that they are unable to access any web pages other than the internal intranet site. Which option is the least likely to cause this issue?
18) You work for an IT Help Desk call center and a customer has contacted you complaining that their text and icons seem very big leaving little space for anything else on the screen. What setting can you instruct the user to change?
19) You are concerned about users installing unauthorized software and making unauthorized changes to their Windows 8 workstations. Which tool is best for limiting this type of behavior?
20) Which tool is best suited to run a script every Sunday at 3 am on a CentOS Linux operating system?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.