The CompTIA 220-901 exam is one of two exams requires to obtain the CompTIA A+ (900 series). This exam will cover topics like networking, mobile devices and hardware and network troubleshooting.
1) Which of the following ports belongs to a standard protocol used to query data from an Active Directory server?
2) You are a technician in a computer repair shop. A customer has brought in an old (broken) laptop and has asked you to extract the data for use on a new computer. Assuming the hard drive is fully functioning, which of the following methods would most easily allow this?
3) Your employer is in the middle of a remodel and the IT Department is responsible for moving RJ-45 wall jacks to new locations. Which tool can be used verify connectivity of a RJ-45 port after it has been moved?
4) Which of the following allows network prioritization based on packet contents?
5) Which of the following allows devices to operate without requiring a separate power source?
6) Your supervisor has given you a replacement inked ribbon to install into a printer. What type of printer is this replacement for?
7) Which of the following provides constant power to a motherboard, allowing it to retain configuration data for the BIOS?
8) You are a Network Technician for a large IT Support Company. A client has called in saying that they switched their SOHO network to a fiber connection at the recommendation of their ISP. They have stated that they have not seen a gain in internet performance and that their ISP says it is an issue on the customer's network. What should you do next?
9) Which of the following connector types would not be used as an internal PC component?
10) A customer is not able to connect to any websites. Which of the following commands should a technician run FIRST to identify the issue?
11) While working for a IT Consulting firm, you have been tasked with setting up several SOHO wireless networks. Which of the following will ensure the security of confidential data?
12) A user reports that their printouts contain a shadow of the previous image. Which of the following is MOST likely the cause?
13) You have been assigned to configure a new enterprise wireless router for your employer's network. Which of the following settings should be changed first?
14) Failure of a single disk in a RAID 1 array will not result in permanent data loss.
15) You are a desktop technician for a small office. You suspect that a user has opened their desktop PC case and made unauthorized changes to the device's hardware. Which of the following can be configured to identify this in the future?
16) Data may be recovered after a drive failure in a RAID 0 configuration.
17) A customer is complaining that their laptop often restarts with no warning, most often when they are playing video games or have several programs running at once. What is most likely the issue?
18) Which of the following choices is used as a standard measurement when referring to printed media?
19) Choose the option that could not be correctly described as Non-volatile:
20) Choose the option that best describes the term boot sequence:
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.