This is a practice exam for IT professionals studying for the CompTIA A+ 220-802. A+ covers the fundamentals of computer technology, installation and configuration of PCs, laptops and related hardware, and basic networking.
1) Which of the following is step 4 in the troubleshooting theory?
2) Which connector type is most commonly found in the newest iOS devices?
3) Which command will force a PC to contact a DHCP server to request a new IP Address or extend the lease on it's current IP Address?
4) Which of the following encryption software provides the HIGHEST level of security for PCs running Windows 7?
5) Which of the following file systems is the default in most Linux environments?
6) Which of the following computer components would not be found in a tablet device?
7) Which of the following is the default location of user files in Windows Vista and Windows 7?
8) Which the following Windows System Executables is used to view folders and files?
9) Which of the following technologies is used by a mobile device to track the devices location?
10) When using the ping command line tool in a Windows environment, which of the following switches will resolve an IP Addresses hostname before pinging?
11) After installing a popular Windows security suite, a PC can no longer access the internet. Which component is likely causing the issue?
12) Your supervisor has asked you to provide a list of IP addresses assigned to a server. The server is running Windows Server 2008 R2 and has 3 NICs, one physical and two virtual. What command can you use to obtain this information?
13) Which of the following processor types would NOT be found in a smartphone?
14) Which of the following is an example of a physical security device?
15) Which of the following directories would contain user profiles in the Windows 7 operating system?
16) Which of the following meets the minimum memory requirements for Windows 7 64 bit?
17) A user has contacted the IT department stating their company Android device will not rotate it's screen orientation, even when auto-rotate is enabled. Which of the following sensors is likely malfunctioning?
18) Which of the following options is a Microsoft Windows API for creating graphic and multimedia effects in Windows Programs?
19) You work as an IT Consultant for a small business. The business uses several Windows based servers to store data used between company employees. After a power outage and UPS failure, one of the servers has rebooted and users are unable to communicate with the server. After running the IPCONFIG command line tool, you find the server has an IP Address of 169.254.20.1. Which of the following is likely the issue?
20) Which of the following commands would instruct a device running Windows 7 to verify disk integrity?
You can go back and review your answers or grade your test.